Vegetarian Black Bean Enchiladas Recipe1/11/2013
Now, I am not that knowledgeable on what's vegan-friendly or not, but since I'm lactose intolerant, I substituted standard cheese for Galaxy Nutritional's Rice Shreds, and I know they make a vegan version. If you sub the cheese, would this be vegan-approved? School me, folks.
Back to the enchiladas. They were uh-ma-zing! Seriously, so good. I'm not even a fan of peppers and I thoroughly enjoyed this recipe! A "dollop of Daisy" was the icing on the cake (so to speak), and really added a whole 'nother dimension of texture and flavor. Mmmm.
Vegetarian Black Bean Enchiladas Recipe
- 12 — 6" flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked Minute Rice Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 — 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 — 16 oz. bag of frozen bell pepper strips, cooked and drained
- 1 packet Ortega 40% Less Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 ¼ cups medium salsa, divided
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (I used Galaxy Rice Shreds Cheddar Flavor.)
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Coat a 13x9" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and spread 1/2 cup of your salsa over the bottom.
- Lay your tortillas on a clean work surface.
- In a large bowl, mix the rice, beans, peppers, taco seasoning, and 3/4 cup salsa.
- Divide evenly among the tortillas.
- Roll each tortilla tightly, and place seam-side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of salsa evenly on the tops of the rolled tortillas.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Enjoy with a side of sour cream! (Try Tofutti's Better Than Sour Cream!)
It's leftovers tonight!