Modern Mom Style: My Everyday Makeup Look1/09/2013
We all have one. It's quick, easy, neutral, and fool-proof. We could do it with our eyes closed. (Which they often are because we're so tired....) The products I use have varied slightly over the last year, but the overall mechanics of the look has stayed the same. Our makeup can be just as important as our clothes, so I thought I'd share mine this week... and, you know, I do love makeup, so any excuse to talk about it.... ☺
- Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It's the only kind that works for my oily lids!
- Crease: I flip-flop between MAC's "Cork" Eyeshadow, and mark.'s "Tiki" Wet/Dry Eye Shadow.
- Lid: Wet n Wild "Gilded Age" Color Icon Trio. (The browbone shade only.)
- Highlight: Wet n Wild "Walking On Eggshells" Color Icon Trio. (The browbone shade only.)
- Eyeliner: Stila's "Smokey Quartz" Kajal Eyeliner. Now discontinued. /sob
- Mascara: NYX Doll Eye Mascara in Black.
- Brows: Avon Ultra Luxury Brow Liner in Blonde, and Essence Lash & Brow Gel.
I set my foundation with Rimmel's Stay Matte Translucent Powder, then follow with NYC's Sunny Bronzer and MAC Peachykeen Blush. I highlight with MAC's limited edition Light Sunshine Beauty Powder, and top everything off with a misting of Urban Decay's De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray. (A girl's gotta stay matte!) For my lips, I slapped on L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Rose Elixir. It's moisturizing, gives a light tint and shine, and it doesn't require much thought so I can non-expertly apply as I'm rushing off to make breakfast.
What does your everyday makeup look is like? Do you have one?
*This post contains affiliate links.