Thankful Th.... Monday?11/12/2012
Why do I find this silly? It's pretty much for the same reason I find Valentine's Day ridiculous. You have every day of the year to show your special someone how much you care about them, but you wait for February 14th to come around, and that's the day you come home with flowers, or a box of chocolates, or the "One Free Backrub" coupon. Rubbish. Life is short, and don't you forget it!
No, I'm not against stating what you're thankful for. It's not even that I'm "against" it at all. It's just that I think you should be thankful each and every day, and not find the need to make a big, public deal about it. Quite frankly, many people aren't thankful on a regular basis, nor would they be modest about it if they were.
With that said, the other day I stumbled across the above quote, which asks:
What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?What an insightful question! What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday? Well, I would have my husband, my daughter, their health and my own, and I think that's pretty good. I typically thank God "for all our blessings," and He knows I'm referring to our house, our income, and our family and friends.
With that said, I thought it would be fun to list off some random things I'm also thankful for, outside of the each and every day thoughtful stuff. Life is all about the little things, are you with me?
- I'm thankful for quiet mornings, when I wake up to see my husband's peaceful face.
- I'm thankful for the creaking door of my daughter's bedroom that lets me know she has woken, and is with me for another day.
- I'm thankful for the crumbs I always complain about because it means we have food to eat.
- I'm thankful for the disposable income that has allowed me to purchase a chai latte almost every morning these last few weeks. (Though I need to cut back....)
- I'm thankful for my blog, and for you friends who frequent it.
Would you like to share what you're thankful for?