Healthy Breakfast Loaf Recipe8/08/2012
Healthy Breakfast Loaf to the rescue! Don't let the word "healthy" fool you skeptics. This breakfast bread tastes good, is good for you, and is incredibly easy to make. You can even smear some butter on there! Seriously, though. However you want to dress up this recipe, it's still way better for you than the processed breakfast breads and bars on the market.
Healthy Breakfast Loaf
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 cup All-Purpose Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 ½ tbs. Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 tbs. Canola Oil
- 1 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a large bowl, combine the oatmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve honey/syrup in the canola oil.
- Stir the milk into the honey and oil mixture.
- Combine both mixtures (dry and wet) and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Coat a bread pan and pour the dough into the bread pan. Sprinkle some oats on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool before slicing.