Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos Recipe8/13/2012
Now that I've told you that story, let me tell you about how I stumbled across a recipe to make my own, even more delicious (and better for you) Chicken Taquitos.
One day, I was looking for a recipe to utilize my leftover chicken breasts. I searched Google, but didn't come up with anything that
Baked Creamy Chicken TaquitosAdapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything.
- 1/3 cup Tofutti's Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tbs. chopped cilantro
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup Rice Shreds, Cheddar
- About 10 whole wheat tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat it with cooking spray.
- Heat the cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds so it's soft and easy to stir.
- Add salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder to the cream cheese. Mix well.
- Add cilantro, chicken, and cheese to the cream cheese mixture. Combine well. If needed, heat your tortillas in the microwave until they are soft and easy to roll without cracking.
- Place 3 tbs. of the chicken mixture on the lower third of the tortilla, keeping it about ½ inch from the edges.
- Roll the tortilla up as tight as you can.
- Place the tortillas seam side down on the baking sheet. Spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown.
*This post contains affiliate links.